Apprenticeship GSK Laboratory IT Systems Apprentice
Laboratory IT Systems Apprentice
The Laboratory IT Systems Apprentice is a specialist role maintaining the electronic data integrity status of laboratory systems. The role requires the occupant to act as a subject matter expert for all laboratory equipment software applications used in the routine testing laboratory and maintain their validated status. Other duties include system administration and update and maintenance of all laboratory software applications. This role requires a combined knowledge of IT and laboratory techniques.
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
Our three year Laboratory IT Systems Apprentice apprenticeship offers you the chance to obtain nationally recognised qualifications whilst gaining valuable, paid work experience.
What does a Laboratory IT Systems apprenticeship involve?
The Laboratory IT System apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a number of areas. These might include:
- Hardware and Software Installation/Configuration
- Computer System Validation Requirements and Standards
- User Acceptance Testing
- Chromatography Data System – Use and Control
- User Support and Troubleshooting
- Pharmaceutical documentation standards
- Supporting System updates during Projects
- Knowledge in industry computer system standards
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
The Advanced apprenticeship is a Level 3 and will lead to a HND in Technical Support and SVQ Level 3 in Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals
What qualifications do I need to apply?
– You must have a minimum of five Scottish credit/General standard grades or National 4/5s (or equivalent), including Maths, English and Science.
– You must also have or be predicted to achieve two Scottish Higher Grades (or equivalent), preferably including Maths and/or a science subject.
Where would I be based?
Our IT apprenticeship runs for three years on our Irvine site.
Our apprenticeships start in September 2017.
How to Apply
601 total views, 3 today