Apprenticeship Engineering Apprenticeships
Scottish Leather Group operates at the forefront of the leather industry and believe that sustainability must be at the heart of manufacturing. With a passion for quality not only in our products, but in our people, we bring together years of craftsmanship with innovative technology to create some of the lowest carbon leather in the world. We want to develop exceptional talent who have the capability of pushing the boundaries when it comes to engineering, we must grow and develop our current workforce and future leaders organically – we achieve this through our Apprenticeship Academy.
Are you looking an opportunity to kick-start your engineering career?
Do you want to be supported by a business that will tailor training to suit you, and your ambitions?
Are you looking for an engineering apprenticeship that offers a real alternative to university? If so, then please read on…
Our Engineering Apprenticeship brings together practical on-the-job training with classroom study in order for you to develop all the skills necessary that can lead to a long term career within Scottish Leather Group. Throughout your apprenticeship, you will work alongside some of the most experienced engineering professionals in the industry, ensuring that by the time you graduate you’ll be ready on both a practical and educational level to fulfil your ambitions within an engineering environment.
What is on offer?
- 4 year apprenticeship – our blended learning format will ensure that you gain both the breadth and depth of experience you need to make a real difference to our business.
- Year 1 – will be spent at West College Scotland in Clydebank giving you a broad appreciation of engineering principles before you embark on practical on-the-job training.
- Years 2 – 4 – your remaining 3 years will be spent on site, attending college part time.
- HNC/D in your preferred discipline (mechanical or electrical).
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow within our Engineering function.
What are we looking for?
- A problem-solving mentality – you will be an individual who focuses on solutions and not problems.
- Driven and determined – individuals who strive to deliver excellence.
- Passionate about engineering – you are inquisitive in nature and like to understand how things work.
- A positive attitude – a ‘can do will do’ attitude.
- Mathematical aptitude – the ability to solve mathematical focused problems.
- Resilient – when the going gets tough you get tougher.
- A determination to be the best.
How to ApplyIf this is for you… ….and you’d like to apply for this unique opportunity please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
3670 total views, 1 today