Apprenticeship Data Centre Apprentice
Data Centre Apprentice
Salary: £192.38 per week
Closing Date: 2018-07-11
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00014891
QA Apprenticeships have an opportunity available for an applicant seeking a career with a company specialising in Cloud and Data Technologies. As Data Centre Apprentice, you will work within the heart of the business with responsibility for the companies servers. As Data Centre Apprentice, you will have an integral role in the business with responsibilities for the maintenance and security of this essential part of the business.
The company provides a dedicated and complete managed cloud solution, committed to providing enterprise class technology, processes and talent for Scotland and beyond.
As Data Centre Apprentice, you will have responsibilities in the business including but not limited to :
- Daily visits to monitor and report on power distribution.
- Ensure security of the data center and of the all servers and racks
- Carry out daily cleanliness of data halls
- Awareness and understanding of the breaker limits generated by the AMPS being drawn from the racks
- Daily checks on the breaker limits
- Weekly checks on the physical breaker limits
- Demonstrate excellent adherence to Health and Safety practices
- Overall upkeep of the Facilities within the Aberdeen office
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the external office grounds.
- Providing Data Centre tours for colleagues and customers
- All other tasks required by Line Manager
- Excellent communication skills, presenting this information in an honest, positive and confidence-building manner.
- Ability to manage different priorities at the same time without direct supervision;
- Ability to understand and track a standard operational procedure.
- Ability to analyse data in order to recognise differences that impact on the Data Centre and understand trends
- Tact and diplomacy both with colleagues and external customers.
- Tech Qualification
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- Health and Safety aware
- Respectful of colleagues and customers
- Desire to succeed
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- 37.5 hours
- Monday – Friday
- 9 – 5:30
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
92 total views, 2 today