Apprenticeship Claims Apprenticeship
We are looking for Apprentices to join our Claims departments for a 2 year apprenticeship programme in Glasgow.
As well as gaining practical on-the-job experience within our claims team, you can achieve a Level 2 qualifications where you can learn about Financial Services – relevant to your role!
As a Claims Apprentice you will be responsible for pro-actively managing a motor claim following from the initial registration through to settlement of the claim. You will be dealing with Policyholders as well as Third Parties throughout the process, keeping your customers up to date with any progress.
Salary and Hours
- 35 hours per week over Monday to Sunday. Shift patterns will be discussed at interview stage
- £295.75 Weekly (Annual £15,379) and you’ll be eligible for an annual bonus of up to £500 in year 1, and up to £750 in year 2 – subject to your performance
- 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
Upcoming Start Dates:
- September 3rd 2018
- September 10th 2018
- October 1st 2018
What does each Claims Team do?
Our Home and Motor claims teams assist our customer through the initial registration of their claim. It is not always easy, as customers can often be upset or in stressful situations. So you’ll need to take the time to talk through the claim whilst gathering accurate information and ensuring you are being empathetic and understanding to the customer’s situation. The role has real variety as it works closely with the customer and third party suppliers daily.
Rescue Claims assist our customers at the roadside. Whether they have broken down or have damaged their vehicle, they can contact the team 24/7. Working in Rescue is not a 9am-5pm, Monday-to-Friday job and, as a result, we offer a wide choice of different shift options. Our customers can often be stranded on the roadside, so we need to ensure they can reach us wherever they are, whenever they need to. You will need to reassure them and keep them up to date during the roadside recovery period. You will be at the heart of our business and you’ll need to be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best service.
Damage Management Claims Handlers will be responsible for the validation, investigation, negotiation and fulfilment of first and third party damage claims, and any other associated losses. You will proactively resolve outstanding investigations, in order to choose the most appropriate settlement route, optimising revenue generation and/or cost control opportunities. The role will have end to end ownership and accountability at a claimant level.
Our application process has been designed to make joining us as smooth a transition as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person for the job, but also to make sure we’re right for you. Get more details on our application process here.
- Step 1: Quick online application – During your online application, we’ll be gathering information about you and will take less than 30 minutes. You can save your application and come back to it if you don’t have time but please make sure you complete your application within 14 days.
- Step 2: Online assessment – Once a member of our Recruitment Team has reviewed your application and you’ve passed the eligibility screen, you will be invited to complete an online Maths and English assessment. This should take no more than 30 minutes, and is designed to capture your Maths and English skills.
- Step 3: Telephone interview – The telephone interview is just a short 15 minute conversation with a member of our resourcing team, for them to get a feel for why you’ve applied for the role and the skills you have to do it well.
- Step 4: Assessment Centre- This is a chance for you to come in for a face-to-face meeting and group exercise to find out more about Direct Line Group and the role you have applied for, as well seeing the office you’ve applied to work in.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts – a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more by calling the Recruitment Team on 0345 877 6309 or by emailing us at DLGApprenticeshipRecruitment@directlinegroup.co.uk.
Please also contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
203 total views, 8 today