Apprenticeship Apprentice Systems Technician
Apprentice Systems Technician
Salary: £318.00 per week
Closing Date: 2017-11-18
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00012808
NHS NSS supports customers to deliver their services more efficiently and effectively. We offer shared services on a national scale using best-in-class systems and standards. Our aim is to help our customers save money and free up resources so they can be re-invested into essential services. We also provide consultancy and support to help public bodies join up health and social care. Our priority is always the same. To support Scotland’s health. We do this by offering whatever’s needed, whenever and wherever it’s needed and to whoever needs it.
An opportunity has arisen in Edinburgh for a Systems Technician apprentice to join our systems infrastructure team. We are a large NHS Scotland organisation who provides development, maintenance and support for national IT systems and websites for the wider health service. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join an organisation which is supporting and improving the health and wellbeing of Scotland. This is fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a rewarding career
- Support for National IT systems and Infrastructure including Servers, communications hardware and Backup solutions.
- Maintenance and support of databases and web technologies
- First Line IT Problem resolution
- Delivery of Continuous improvement initiatives
- Proven ability to personally deliver consistent high standards of quality in a customer service focused delivery environment.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and system problems.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure hardware and software components and technologies.
- Enthusiastic approach to work with the appetite to continually drive improvement.
- Natural talent for building a rapport with customers and team members.
- A confident manner and personality to make a positive impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good numeracy
Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal.
Other Important Information
Our benefits package includes pension scheme, comprehensive range of work life balance policies, occupational health services, learning resource centres and discounted leisure, financial and shopping benefits.
Daily working hours: Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm, £16,532 pa
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
222 total views, 5 today