Apprenticeship Apprentice Support Desk Technician
Apprentice Support Desk Technician
Salary: £288.38 per week
Closing Date: 2018-06-12
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00014622
QA Apprenticeships are seeking a highly motivated Apprentice Support Desk Technician to join an established company in Livingston.
Partnering with some of the worlds leading technology and communications companies, this business provides specialised IT support within Microsoft, Cisco and bespoke IT systems. As Apprentice Support Desk Technician, you will gain IT Systems and Networking SCQF Level 6 with the opportunity to progress to Level 8. This opportunity is a fantastic way to learn skills in the workplace and gain a qualification equivalent to 1st year Degree. This company rarely has vacancies and is looking for an Apprentice to join the team due to internal promotion.
Apprentice Support Desk Technician will deliver exceptional service to clients, following company Procedures and Best Practice at all times. You will be working to SLAs and efficiency targets, reporting accurately on the results of your achievements and productivity in the role.
Providing technical 1st line support, dealing with a wide range of issues your duties include but not limited to:
- First line support for the service desk.
- Answering calls, including video, politely within agreed time.
- Monitoring Alert software and escalating issues accordingly.
- Managing incident faults queue & assisting the support team in the administration of incident resolution.
- Assist Resource Manager with allocation of manpower and services.
- Adherence to guidelines in dealing with manufacturers 1st and 2nd line support.
- Enthusiastic engagement in learning cutting edge technology.
- Any other tasks (deemed as being within your capability) as required by the Company
- Ability to work within a team environment and take responsibility for your own actions.
- A great communicator with the desire to learn and develop skills within IT support.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Friday
- 8am and 6pm
- 37.5 hours per week
- Opportunity to grow within the company and move into 2nd line support role.
- Opportunity to continue learning into Level 8 Apprenticeship.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
187 total views, 2 today