Apprenticeship Apprentice Software Technical Tester
Apprentice Software Technical Tester
Salary: £347.25 per week
Closing Date: 2018-10-01
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00015676
My client is a non-departmental body of the Scottish Government and as Scotland’s principal environment regulator, their role is to make sure that the environment and human health are protected, to ensure that Scotland’s natural resources and services are used as sustainably as possible and contribute to sustainable economic growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Tester Modern Apprentice for a period of 24 months during which you’ll receive fantastic training in a range of technologies and the full software development lifecycle. You can find out more about the role within the job description. This is a really exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop their programming skills as well as learn about how to automate testing to support legacy, bespoke and digital applications that are delivered using traditional and agile methodologies.
You will be joining the Test Team and will participate in the development, maintenance and execution of automated unit, integration and system tests. You will mainly use the .Net, Java and Angular programming languages together with Oracle and SQL databases however you will also need to be able to learn other languages and toolsets quickly in order to understand and maintain continuous integration and new technology choices.
- Writing unit & integration tests for inclusion in the automated test harness
- Understanding how the different test harnesses operate and their associated architectures
- Developing end to end automated regression tests for existing and new applications (this may be for SEPA’s existing application landscape, applications that are developed within the agile teams and for externally facing applications and websites)
- Understanding how APIs are tested using a manual approach and automated toolsets
- Understanding how performance, load and capacity testing is undertaken, the requirement for it and how to write and execute test scripts using open source tools
- A genuine passion for developing programming and technical testing;
- Clear and confident communicator;
- Displays a positive “can do” attitude;
- Pays good attention to detail and has a thorough and structured approach to completing tasks;
- Creative thinking skills;
- Good team working skills;
- Good numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Friday
- 9.00am – 5.00pm
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
123 total views, 4 today