Apprenticeship Apprentice Service Engineer
Apprentice Service Engineer
Salary: £173.25 per week
Closing Date: 2018-04-12
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00014014
Our client is one of the leading providers of IT computer support services in Edinburgh and Glasgow, with a reputation for exceptional support and reliability.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for an experienced Service Desk Engineer to join our Team. The ideal candidate has a passion for IT and a keen interest in tech trends. Due to location the candidate must have a driving license and their own car and would suit someone who is keen to learn with a proactive approach to the role.
- Initial handling of inbound calls and emails.
- Pro-active monitoring of Servers, call logging and escalation.
- Pro-active monitoring of Backups, call logging and escalation.
- Pro-active monitoring of AV, call logging and escalation.
- Schedule and assign site visits relating to pro-active maintenance and calls.
- Order Stock, Kit, Licenses.
- Windows Server Administration.
- O365 Administration including Hosted Exchange and SharePoint.
- Assist with migrations to O365.
- Assist with on-boarding of new Clients.
- Provide remote Technical support to on-site Engineers.
- Cyber threat incident management.
- Skills & Qualities (Essential)
- Organisational skills
- Someone who can prioritise
- Confident telephone manner
- Team player
- Someone willing to learn
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Friday
- 8.30am – 5:00pm
- 1 hour lunch break
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
421 total views, 6 today