Apprenticeship Apprentice IT Support Analyst
Apprentice IT Support Analyst
Salary: £168.75 per week
Closing Date: 2017-05-28
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00010597
Working for a Telecoms and IT Services provider based within Glasgow City Centre who are looking for an IT Apprentice to join their technical team.
Responsibilities of the Apprentice IT Support Analyst:
- This is a customer facing role to include service, installation, general administration and fault finding on broadband routers, computers, servers, networks. Although the role is IT focused, it will also involve working with a wide variety of telecoms equipment and software.
- Managing work-flows on our in-house CRM System.
- Providing technical advice to the sales and service teams in addition to clients via telephone, Webex and face to face meetings
- Managing third parties / equipment vendors to ensure product requirements and delivery timescales are achieved
- Meeting with potential and existing suppliers to discuss the technical specification of new products and services
Requirements of the Apprentice IT Support Analyst:
- Excellent Team skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High levels of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to create a working rapport with clients and team members
- Ability to work unsupervised, using own initiative
- Proactive and confident in approach
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pleasant, helpful and professional manner.
- Self-motivated and proactive towards learning and personal development
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications gained:
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
Vendor qualifications – Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Center (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
16 – 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn’t for you) – * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Salary and benefits:
Possible permanent role at the end of the 12 month apprentices
Working hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00 – 17:30
How to Apply
202 total views, 2 today