Apprenticeship Apprentice IT Helpdesk Co-ordinator – 2 year contract
Apprentice IT Helpdesk Co-ordinator – 2 year contract
Salary: £330.38 per week
Closing Date: 2018-10-18
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00015846
My client is a non-departmental body of the Scottish Government and as Scotland’s principal environment regulator, their role is to make sure that the environment and human health are protected, to ensure that Scotland’s natural resources and services are used as sustainably as possible and contribute to sustainable economic growth.
My client is looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for IT and technology to join their Information Services team.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop their skills in an IS support role covering end-point hardware and software, servers & systems and networks (may need expanded ), most importantly someone who has a real interest in working with technology.
You will be joining the IS Customer Services Team who can help them to continue to deliver an excellent service to their internal and external customers.
- To provide first point of contact and support to SEPA staff logging incidents on the helpdesk;
- Assisting them with IT hardware, software, SEPA systems and telephony issues via telephone or email;
- Work towards and maintain customer service level agreements;
- Provide support and guidance to customer requests;
- Proactively manage customers’ expectations through either incident or fault resolution or updating on progress of their outstanding incidents/requests;
- To deal with queries from internal and external customers;
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required including providing cover where appropriate.
- A genuine passion for developing skills in an IS role
- Clear and confident communicator;
- Displays a positive “can do” attitude;
- Pays good attention to detail and has a thorough and structure approach to completing tasks;
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Has the ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities;
- Good team working skills;
- A talent for troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Good numeracy and problem solving skills ; and
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Friday
- 9.00am – 5.00pm
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
112 total views, 1 today