Apprenticeship Apprentice IT/AV Support Technician
Apprentice IT/AV Support Technician
Salary: £180.00 per week
Closing Date: 2018-07-26
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00015069
Over the last 600 years, the University of St Andrews has established a reputation as one of the world’s leading research and teaching centres. They are the winners of Microsoft’s “Apprentice Employer of the Year” and have award winning apprentices in house. We offer roles for those who are passionate about IT, offering a challenging, rewarding and quick route into a successful IT career. We are actively recruiting for Apprentice IT/AV Support Technicians at the University of St Andrews.
IT/AV Support Technicians play a vital role in the support of teaching in the University and a critical role in the delivery of service to on-going support of the University managed computer environment, also providing high level technical support for incidents and problems related to computers and data connections. As part of the Desktop Operations team, they are responsible for the 2nd line support of a wide range of end user technologies, audio visual equipment, software applications and corporate systems, providing assistance to deliver a responsive, customer focused IT and AV support service, as well providing technical support for internal & external events and specialist teaching facilities.
Through a period of apprenticeship and training, learn & develop the necessary skills, expertise and experience to provide assistance to the members of the IT/AV teams, and ultimately be able to fully perform the role of IT/AV Support Technician.
Under the supervision and direction of the Desktop Operations Supervisor and other members of the IT/AV teams, develop a full understanding and an ability to perform the key tasks and responsibilities of an IT/AV Support Technician by:
- Learning how to monitor the IT Call Management system for new incidents and service requests, processing based on priority and urgency.
- Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of 2nd line support of a wide range of desktop, laptop, mobile, printing, audio-visual, media and telephony technologies as well as standard software applications and corporate systems and services.
- Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of technical support for internal & external events and specialist teaching facilities.
- Helping others to efficiently and effectively resolve various IT/AV incidents and service requests e.g. hardware /software queries and AV faults in teaching spaces.
- Learning how to and assisting others to provide remote and in-person 2nd line support for IT/AV equipment and multimedia technologies in Learning and Teaching spaces, with a focus on a fast, efficient resolution.
- Learning how to promptly & appropriately escalate complex incidents which cannot be resolved to other team members and/or 3rd line support teams.
- Assisting in the provision of routine maintenance for all IT and AV equipment in Learning & Teaching spaces.
- Learning how to build, image and configure various PC and Mac hardware devices.
- Assisting in the support of effective delivery of client operating systems and various software applications for students and staff.
- Becoming familiar with and when required, participating in operational activities relating to the refresh of staff and student PCs and audio-visual technology.
- Learning how to ensure service and operational level agreements, service standards and agreed customer satisfaction levels are achieved by promptly dealing with IT/AV incidents and service requests.
- Helping to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents & service requests and adhere to best practice IT Service Management principles.
- Learning how to contribute to procedural documentation to assist the Service Desk team with effective and efficient resolution of common incidents.
- By Liaising, communicating and collaborating with other colleagues within IT Services, learn how to and assist in providing a seamless customer journey.
- Maintaining a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
- Good communication skills
- Understand and know how to deliver a good customer service
- An interest and enthusiasm for IT/AV
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Full time/36.25 hours per week
- Salary review and increase after first year.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
289 total views, 2 today