Apprenticeship Apprentice IT/AV Support Technician
Apprentice IT/AV Support Technician
Salary: £181.88 – £259.88 per week
Closing Date: 2019-05-17
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017772
St Andrews is a unique and captivating place, and the University is a key part of its charm. Seven centuries of history link the students with the town, leading to the ancient and yet modern institution apparent today. For those interested in visiting or moving to St Andrews, we recommend taking a look at the town information, which describes the facilities and opportunities open to the local community. You can also find information about the University’s governance, history, and strategy for the future in the sections below.
Through a period of apprenticeship and training, learn & develop the necessary skills, expertise and experience to provide assistance to the members of the IT/AV teams, and ultimately be able to fully perform the role of IT/AV Support Technician.
Under the supervision and direction of the Desktop Operations Supervisor and other members of the IT/AV teams, develop a full understanding and an ability to perform the key tasks and responsibilities of an IT/AV Support Technician by:
- Learning how to monitor the IT Call Management system for new incidents and service requests, processing based on priority and urgency.
- Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of 2nd line support of a wide range of desktop, laptop, mobile, printing, audio-visual, media and telephony technologies as well as standard software applications and corporate systems and services.
- Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of technical support for internal & external events and specialist teaching facilities.
- Helping others to efficiently and effectively resolve various IT/AV incidents and service requests e.g. hardware /software queries and AV faults in teaching spaces.
- Learning how to and assisting others to provide remote and in-person 2nd line support for IT/AV equipment and multimedia technologies in Learning and Teaching spaces, with a focus on a fast, efficient resolution.
- Learning how to promptly & appropriately escalate complex incidents which cannot be resolved to other team members and/or 3rd line support teams.
- Assisting in the provision of routine maintenance for all IT and AV equipment in Learning & Teaching spaces.
- Learning how to build, image and configure various PC and Mac hardware devices.
- Assisting in the support of effective delivery of client operating systems and various software applications for students and staff.
- Becoming familiar with and when required, participating in operational activities relating to the refresh of staff and student PCs and audio-visual technology.
- Learning how to ensure service and operational level agreements, service standards and agreed customer satisfaction levels are achieved by promptly dealing with IT/AV incidents and service requests.
- Helping to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents & service requests and adhere to best practice IT Service Management principles.
- Learning how to contribute to procedural documentation to assist the Service Desk team with effective and efficient resolution of common incidents.
- By Liaising, communicating and collaborating with other colleagues within IT Services, learn how to and assist in providing a seamless customer journey.
- Maintaining a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Good communication skills
- Understand and know how to deliver a good customer service
- An interest and enthusiasm for IT/AV
- The Chance to be part of an Award wining IT Apprenticeship scheme that has 100% achievement record.
- In addition the chance to work in one of the most recognisable Universities in the world.
- In the 2nd year there will be an increase in the wage to £13,520
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
44 total views, 4 today