Apprenticeship Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician
Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician
Company: Ryder Ltd
Working week: 40 Hrs per Week – Between 6.00 & 22.00 Mon to Fri
Ryder Ltd is a leading international company in transportation and supply chain management solutions. Ryder Ltd is always searching for talented people to join our Technician Apprenticeship Scheme to be developed into tomorrow’s best Heavy Vehicle Repair Technicians. Technicians will be trained in all aspects of heavy vehicle repair and positions are available in: Dukinfield, Edinburgh, Fenstanton, Goole, Heathrow, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Northampton x2, Park Royal Spalding, and Warrington.
Our HGV Technicians service and maintain our modern and varied fleet of large vehicles, such as Lorries and trucks.
- By joining us as an apprentice, we will give you the practical and theoretical tools to help you learn about all aspects of heavy vehicle mechanics and electronics, from the engine components to the air conditioning and security systems.
- You’ll be able to recognise, repair and replace faulty parts and understand the importance of ensuring stock is adequately maintained.
- We encourage a customer focused approach and help you to determine time estimates and updating the repair and service records.
- Training isn’t all practical and you will be expected to understand the theory, which is as important as a spanner.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful applicant will be confident, self-motivated and keen to work as part of a team.
- Ryder Ltd are looking for ambitious individuals who are enthusiastic about learning and developing a successful career within engineering.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C and above or equivalent are required (Must include Maths, English and a Science). Predicted grades will be taken into consideration.
Things to consider
Training is not all hands-on. We believe that learning to use a computer and understanding the theory behind the role is as important as using a spanner. Successful candidates will initially work a day shift, 8.30 – 1700 with Half an hour for lunch, equating to 8 hours per day. After this there will be shift work dependant on location but approximately 6.00 – 14.00 and 14.00 – 22.00 Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Questions for candidates
- Why do you want to work in the Motor industry?
- What achievement are you most proud of in your work, school or home life?
How to Apply
1652 total views, 7 today