Apprenticeship Application Packager Apprentice
Application Packager Apprentice
Salary: £230.62 – £269.25 per week
Closing Date: 2017-12-06
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00012857
DXC Technology helps clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. For more than 60 years, we have successfully guided the world’s largest enterprises and government agencies through successful change cycles.
We take pride in our technology independence and our role as a trusted advisor. Our deep experience gives us a clear and confident vision to help clients navigate the future.
As the world’s leading independent, end-to- end IT services company, we are uniquely positioned to lead digital transformations — creating greater value for clients, partners and shareholders, and presenting growth opportunities for our people. We are among the world’s best corporate citizens.
This role is for an Application Packager Apprentice at DXC to work on the Erskine campus. The candidate will be trained in full and support the design and packaging phases of the application management lifecycle as well as the following;
Will develop sufficient technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within the design and packaging phase.
Work towards contributing to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learnings are documented knowledge sharing and reuse within practice or profession.
- Small and medium projects involving multiple disciplines and technologies across a single account
- Will apply learning to solve common business and technical issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution
- Works with and under the direction of the Packaging Delivery Lead and with customer nominated representatives
- Build towards consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to review and feedback on standards, guidelines, workflow processes and best practices
- Build knowledge and understanding of Application Management Lifecycle.
- Build knowledge and understanding in Application Packaging Toolsets.
- Build knowledge and understanding in Application Virtualization Toolsets
- Build knowledge and understanding in Windows Operating Systems
- Build knowledge and understanding in Scripting
- Build knowledge and understanding in automated Enterprise Software Delivery
- Winning Attitude
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Time management
- Enthusiasm with self-drive
- Passion for IT
- Commitment to Learning
Benefits & Rewards:
Working for DXC, you can look forward to advancing your knowledge and career with training on some of the newest and best tools in the market-place. Erskine Campus has easy, free parking, just off the M8 and Erskine Bridge, free gym, great canteen, Costa carts
- Working hours will be determined by the line manager.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
157 total views, 7 today