Apprenticeship Aon 2018 Actuarial Apprenticeship
Aon 2018 Actuarial Apprenticeship
Did you know that UK companies have over £2 Trillion invested in pension schemes? It’s a huge sum but is it enough for them to meet their pension obligations in the future? Having provided expert pensions advice for over 60 years, our Actuarial Teams know exactly how to help companies and trustees answer that question.
Our teams are uniquely equipped to help clients manage the immediate and long-term risks involved in running a pension scheme. Join us as an Actuarial Apprentice to play an increasingly influential role.
Delivering client value drives everything we do at Aon. Likewise, it will drive everything you do as an Apprentice here. Your role will focus on client service administration, supporting the client management activities of more senior team members.
Get ready to make an instant impact as you demonstrate your passion for customer service. You’ll quickly learn what we do as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills from day one. In return, you’ll be fully supported to study towards the Certified Actuarial Analyst Qualification , to go with your salary and benefits package.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supporting client-facing advisory activities through accurate actuarial calculations
• Preparing and checking data, carrying out audit trails and supporting one-off projects
• Over time, helping to ensure our work complies with external professional requirements and our own internal quality standards
• Learning quickly on the job, through formal training and from senior colleagues around you
• With Aon business leaders playing an active role in our development, you’re encouraged to make the most of every networking opportunity open to you. The early relationships you build will include:
• Your Apprentice network – you’ll meet Apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, helping you navigate our business and grow a support network from day one
• Your mentor – an experienced colleague who can help you out with career guidance, specific issues or any general thoughts or queries you have
• Business seniors – many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development
• The Early Careers Team – here to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects
Skills & Qualifications needed
• Five national 5 or equivalent including English and Maths and at least 280 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017, and 112 UCAS points for exams to be sat post 2017, from three Highers or equivalent (excluding General Studies) i.e. BBC
• A keen eye for detail
• Familiarity with spreadsheets
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• True understanding the value of customer service
• Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
All of our Apprenticeship roles are permanent positions with Aon, which means we invest in your long term future from day one. Once you have completed your Apprenticeship, your
training and development does not stop there. You will continue to grow your career as an Actuarial Analyst and beyond, and be fully supported in continuing your studies towards
the CAA qualification or moving onto the FIA (Fellowship and Institute of Actuaries) qualifications, dependant on your preference, your strengths and career aspirations.
Our two year Level 4 Actuarial Apprentice Programme will provide you with the analytical and client facing skills to start your career as an Actuarial Analyst, as well as supporting you through the first stages of the CAA (Certified Actuarial Analyst) qualification.
There will be plenty of on-the-job, business skills, and technical training to help you develop the skills needed to provide innovative solutions that meet our clients’ needs.
• Positive attitude
• Team Player
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
226 total views, 3 today