Apprenticeship 1st Line Support IT Apprenticeship
1st Line Support IT Apprenticeship
Salary: £153.75 – £192.38 per week
Closing Date: 2017-06-13
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00010769
This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career.
You will be working for…
A modern and dynamic company which specialises in the development of software and hardware solutions for the vehicle salvage and vehicle dismantling industries. They are a group of highly motivated and highly skilled individuals. From their offices in Edinburgh they provide complete turnkey solutions to the vehicle salvage and dismantling industries, including application software, websites and all manner of mobile solutions. Their approach is responsive to their customers’ requirements and are continually developing the software to suit their business needs. Our client provide high quality service and support to their valued clients.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
Responsibilities of the 1st Line Support IT Apprenticeship:
- Answering telephone and offering first level support to our clients over the phone and remote connection
- Support ranges from basic computer issues to specific support for our products, mainly Frontier Vehicle Salvage and Frontier Vehicle Dismantling, both Windows based desktop software package
- Offering support to users in the office and remote workers
- Develop hardware and software strategies for our systems
- Testing various products when required
Requirements of the 1st Line Support IT Apprenticeship:
- Confident telephone manner
- Self-motivated to deal with issues
- Willing to solve issues and admit when additional help is needed
The candidate will have an interest in, knowledge of:
- Windows desktop systems XP to Win 10
- Windows servers SBS2003 to Server 2016
- SQL servers
- Linux desktops/servers
- Amazon Web Services
- Internet security
- Cisco networking, basic networking, switches, DNS, DHCP, etc
- Virtualisation technologies
- Basic hardware knowledge, CPUs and HDDs
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications gained:
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications – Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Center (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
16 – 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn’t for you) – * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Salary and Working Hours:
- Between £8,000 – £10,000 depending on candidate
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
How to Apply
219 total views, 5 today